- This event has passed.
Camino Maltés & Universal Peace Walk 1543® REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT IS NOW CLOSED
March 12 @ 8:30 am - 5:00 pm CET€5 – €10
REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT IS NOW CLOSED
12th March 2023 will be the 480th Anniverary of the Universal Peace Walk 1543AD. It will also mark the launch of the Malta segment of the first Camino Maltés.
We will be offering both walks i.e.
- The Universal Peace Walk 1543AD is a 28km walk. This is a historic walk from Citta Notabile (Mdina) to Le Terre di Santa Caterina (Zejtun); or
- The Camino Maltés is a 34km walk from St Paul’s Catacombs / St Paul’s Grotto, Rabat to Fort St. Angelo.
This is the itinerary:
- For those intending to walk the Camino Maltés: 07:00 a.m coach pick-up from Birgu for an 08:15 Camino Start in Rabat
- For those intending to walk the Universal Peace Walk 1543AD: 07:30 a.m. coach Pick up from Zejtun for an 08:30 a.m. Start from Mdina
- 08:00a.m.: Camino Maltés starts from Rabat
- 08:30 a.m.: Universal Peace Walk 1543AD starts from Cathedral Square Mdina when the Camino Maltés pilgrims arrive.
- Allow time for lunch in Zurrieq, we should be able to make it to Zejtun by 16:00 and Fort St Angelo by 17:30.
We park our cars in Birgu (near Fort St. Angelo or Zejtun (near St. Gregory’s church) at 06:45 a.m. or 07:15 respectively and coach transport will take us to Rabat or Mdina leaving Fort St. Angelo or Zejtun for Mdina at 07:00 or 07:30 a.m. respectively. For those not requiring transport, we meet outside St Paul’s Catacombs or Mdina Cathedral Square for a 08:00 a.m or 08:30 a.m. start.
A non-refundable deposit of €5 – €10 is requested to reserve your place. If you wish to walk with us and get a certificate then the contribution would be €5. If, in addition to this, you also require transport from Birgu or Zejtun to Mdina in the morning. then the total contribution increases to €10 to cover transport. Santiago de Compostela credencials will also be available for Euros 2 each.
All pilgrims on either walk will be given a Universal Peace Walk 1543AD guiddebook with an incorporated credencial.
REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT IS NOW CLOSED.