Now that the Caminho Português is done and dusted, we can concentrate on
1. the calendar of local walks; and
2. the overseas travel itinerary for Oct 2021 – Sept 2022.
Regarding local walks, we continue to watch the Covid-19 situation more closely as restrictions ease and in the coming days we will announce the Oct – Dec walks. In September we still have the following walks (which are already over-subscribed):
P85 21st Sept Mellieha | Ramla tat-Torri | Armier Loop (19:00 – 22:00)
P86 23rd Sept Manikata | Pwales | Mizieb Loop (19:00 – 22:00)
P87 28th Sept Selmun – Mellieha Loop (19:00 – 22:00)
Regarding the overseas walks, this is what is provisionally planned for next year (please note that dates are tentative and may change):
- 5th – 13th Dec, 2021: Cammino Di San Giacomo in Sicilia from Caltagirone to Capizzi. 130km
- 6th – 10th Feb, 2022: Trekking in Sicily, details to be announced.
- 26th March to 2nd April, 2022: Camino Ingles (from Ferrol to Santiago de Compostela)
- 4th – 11th June, 2022: Costiera Amalfitana and Matera
- 18th June – 2nd July 2022: Camino Primitivo 340km from Oviedo to Santiago de Compostela
- 11th – 18th September, 2022: Isole Eiolie Trekking and/or Swimming on 6 of the 7 Volcano Islands.
Most local and and all overseas activities are open only for XirCammini members. To become a member please follow this link: https://xircammini.org/get-involved/membership/
A poll will be issued shortly and circulated to members to register their interest for the above overseas trekking activities