- This event has passed.
September 14th – 20th 2019 – Camino Inglès
September 14, 2019 @ 8:00 am - September 20, 2019 @ 5:00 pm UTC+0
The Camino Inglès is the route walked by Pilgrims from the British Isles, pre-Henry VIII, who landed mainly in Ferrol, in the Bay of Bischay, on their way to Santiago de Compostela. We will be covering approximately 135 km as follows. Today, this route is walked by approximately 4% of pilgrims walking the Camino de Santiago.
- Ferrol to Pontedeume (route across the Nevantia Bridge approximately 25 km; 37 if one walks the traditional 1st day);
- Pontedeume to Betanzos: 27 km;
- Betanzos Hospital Bruma / Meson do Vento: 35km;
- Meson do Vento to Sigüeiro: 27 km
- Sigüeiro to Santiago de Compostela: 18 km
This event is open only to XirCammini Members and is not covered by the MTA Insolvency Fund.
This Camino will be led by veteran trekker and Camino aficionado, John Darmanin. Inquiries are to be channeled to: email@example.com