- This event has passed.
Costiera Amalfitana & Matera Trekking
December 4, 2020 - December 13, 2020
XirCammini will be combining 2 trekking experiences in la costa amalfitana and matera combining scenic panoramas of spectacular beauty across land and sea and also stepping back in time (the 9th century home to the remains of St. Andrew).
Some general points of interest regarding these treks:
- We’ll stay in agritourismi / B&Bs in a town within walking distance from San Lazzaro and the spectacular Amalfi coast panorama;
- We will trek the Sentiero degli Dei (God’s Pathway), known as such for its outstanding panoramic beauty. This is a 13km trek from Bomerano to Positano. Depending on weather conditions we can also enjoy a boat tour of the Costa Amalfitana.
- We will also hike through Vallone delle Ferriere (the valley of foundries) also known as Vallone dei Mullini (Valley of Mills), a wooded valley of chestnut trees and ferns with remains of medieval foundries and water powered paper mills. This hike is approximately 12km and we will finish our trail in the city of Amalfi providing us with enough time to visit the medieval Duomo (Cathedral) di Amalfi.
- We’ll walk through the lemon paths of Maiori e Minori and visit Ravello.
- Depending on weather and/or visibility we will also have time for one final walk on the West coast before travelling to Matera. Weather / conditions permitting we’ll visit Vesuvius.
- We’ll visit the grotte Pertosa and Matera and
- Trek the Murgia Sentiero.
The event is open only to XirCammini members and is being organised by Vai Col trekking (https://www.vaicoltrekkingsicilia.com/) covering local transport, accommodation on half board basis and experienced trekking leader / guide.
XirCammini is a membership-based NGO. We are neither a travel agency nor a tour operator. As a membership-based association, collectively, we are a consumer and, where applicable, utilize the services of authorized travel agents and/or tour companies.
The fee/s will be paid directly to the tour operator and or the accommodation by the trekking participants (who would also be individually responsible for air travel).
Inquiries are to be channelled to: firstname.lastname@example.org or via the Facebook page. Alternatively talk to us during one of our upcoming walks (https://www.facebook.com/events/565261004014692/ or https://www.facebook.com/events/451465328877643/)