Sri Lanka 2024/5
Note: XirCammini is not a travel agent or tour operator. These itineraries are put together / purchased from licensed travel agencies and/or IATA ticketing agent/s and/or tour operators and are open only to XirCammini members.
In Dec 2024/ Jan 2025 we are immersing ourselves in this excursion, merging history, culture, ancient spirituality and outdoor adventure.
When: We leave Malta on 27th December 2024 morning and return on 11th January 2025.
Where: The complete holiday will be in Sri Lanka. Our last day and night will be in the picturesque Mount Lavinia with its sprawling beaches (a paradise on the mainland).
What: Highlights of this hiking adventure:
- Pinawala Elephant Orphanage
- Hike to Sigiriya Mount Fortress (Unessco Heritage Site)
- White water rafting in Kitugala,
- Hike to Meemure rain forest
- Nuwara Eliya, a city tour of this British colonial town and the tree plantations. We also climb Mount Kirigalpoththa
- A scenic train ride from Nuwara Eliya to Ella.
- 4×4 Safari in Yala. Yala National Park
- Trekking in the Sinharaja rain forest
- Balapitiya River Cruise
- Galle Fort.
- Mount Lavinia.
How Much?: Euros 3,375 per person (in twin / double room sharing). A non-refundable deposit of Euros 875 in required when registering.
The overall contribution per member is: Euros 3,375 per person (in twin / double room sharing). In case there are already groups of 3 persons interested in sharing a triple together, a lower contribution applies. Please note that – although – Euros 3,375 includes the return flights, we would be instructing members to purchase the air ticket separately, directly from a pre-appointed travel agency that is kindly providing XirCammini members with a preferential price. The overall contribution includes:
- Return air tickets with 30kg luggage allowance. (Although the above contribution includes also the air ticket cost, each of us will be purchasing these separately, directly from the chosen IATA travel agent that provided us with the preferential price)
- Accommodation mostly in 4* hotel other than when we are trekking in Meemure area and sleeping in mud-huts
- All breakfasts and dinners
- A coach, driver and licensed and experienced guide with us at all times plus licensed trekking guides in each locality on the trekking days
- Entrance fee to Dambulla
- 4×4 Safari in Minneriya
- Sigiriya Fortress Mount entrance
- White-water rafting in Kitigula
- New Year’s Dinner in a Colonial Heritage Building that is now a hotel in Kandy
- Entrance to the Temple of the Tooth
- In Meemure (at the campsite) we will also include lunch (in addition to breakfast and dinner)
- Scenic Train-ride
- Mega Ravana Zipline
- 4×4 Safari in Yala
- River cruise in Balapitiya
- Trekking leader from Malta
- Training in Malta to prepare for trekking days
How many?: We are aiming to have a group of 20 persons.
Other important info:
Please check vaccine requirements well ahead of time: https://healthservices.gov.mt/en/phc/pchyhi/Pages/Travel-Vaccination.aspx